Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Basics

In youth group today, we watched a Nooma video. That Rob Bell, he's something else. Well, the kids, other adults, and I had some great discussion, basically: what makes our Faith the right one for us; of all the people to walk the Earth, who(besides Christ) has been most Christ-like; and if someone were to follow me--watch how I spend my money, what I watch on TV, who I spend time with, what decisions I make--would he see Christ in me? I think these simple three questions are ultimately what guide my decisions each day. My faith works for me because of freedom and hope. Even if I screw it up, God is right there for me. He wants to forget about anything that makes me imperfect, and let me into his holiness. There's a spot for me in Heaven, no matter how messed up I make things. And I don't need a schedule or map of when and how to worship or draw near. He gives me the freedom to seek Him anyway I please. It's fantastic.

thank you God for your endless supply of mercy, and forgiveness. Even though I know you take me as I am, I still want to be better because of you. Guide me to be the best you know I can, to be so Christ-like in every day, that people see you. Please, make every encounter an opportunity to better someone else as well as myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment