Monday, April 26, 2010

My Whole Self

1Samuel 7

3: "If you are returning to the Lord with all your hearts, then rid your selves of the foreign gods and the Ashtoreths and commit yourselves to the Lord and serve him only, and he will deliver you out of the hand of the Philistines."

Wow. That is very difficult. Get rid of foreign gods. Not that I've been bowing down to the shrine of Michael Jackson in my room or anything. I know I hear this all the time, "Lose yourself and you will find Me" bit. If I am really returning to the Lord, with all my heart, ALL my HEART, it should be easy to get rid of all this crap that I spend such huge portions of my day on. With ALL my heart? If I don't, then I'm not delivered? I want to be delivered. I waste so much time, God, so much time that I could be using to spend time with you, to live in a way that's pleasing to you, to worship you. It takes a little at a time, I think. I could definitely start with being a better student--to do my work as if being a student, doing homework, and reading ahead, as if that were to advance your kingdom. Isn't that what you say? Work at everything as if it were directly serving you. I way need to get a better grasp on this serving you thing, this living all the time, spending every moment with a purpose. Then, I know I will be delivered out of my Philistine.

No comments:

Post a Comment