Friday, April 16, 2010

Drop it like it's fragile

1Samuel 2:27-3

Eli was responsible for the actions of his sons... Yikes. So, does that mean I am held responsible for those I teach? I can hardly keep myself on track. I thank God that I live in the New Testament world, where I am given forgiveness simply by asking for it.
I can definitely relate to Samuel not knowing the voice of God when he heard his name called. So many times, I tell God I'm listening, and then turn up the music. I ask why He's not speaking to me, when often he's yelling out to me. Granted, it's not the same situation--Samuel actually heard his name called, and simply didn't realize it was God. So, do I just ignore Him altogether? I don't even hear Him. I think that's why I have initiated Project: Closer. That's a really dumb name, I just put it down on the spot. That's not actually what I'm calling this...
Anyways, my favorite quote from this passage (3:19): "The Lord was with Samuel, as he grew up, and he let none of his words fall to the ground." NIV I know that's not literal-you can't drop a word, unless you physically write it down, then I suppose you can. How many times, though, have I read the Word, or knew what God was telling me, and just dropped what He was telling me.(Do rhetorical questions get question marks?) Samuel actually took God's words to heart. He used them in his daily life, no matter what. He didn't care if it wasn't fun. All of Israel knew that he was a prophet of the Lord because of this lifestyle. Lord, help me be that example. I don't want to be famous. I just want to be that much of a servant for you. Help me to hold on to your words.

No comments:

Post a Comment